Saturday, April 28, 2012

Nikon School of Photography

DH & I just spent a morning at the Nikon School of Photography in La Lucia Durban, not to do photography that will have to wait. To learn about our new Nikon D3100, it was really very interesting.
There were 24 people & I felt that was a lot but it did work, the lecturer Mark Young was very good, he's an international photographer & gave us lots of good tips & laughs at common faults but what impressed me more was his knowledge of the camera.
He was very comfortable with it, never had to look up anything & was quite happy to help all of us, he had a super way of making you do it - rather than show you how and for me that really works.
Everything was hands on & he had us taking photos changing settings & getting different results - I enjoyed it thoroughly but by the end of 4 hours I was just overloaded with knowledge & technical jargon, thank heavens DH & I did it together because we both can't forget the same thing hopefully.
So we decided to go for a light lunch at Gateway, why I am not so sure because everyone was there aaaahh I can't stand crowded places but we found a relaxed table & enjoyed lunch, thank fully it was much easier going out than in.
On our way home our DD said to stop off at her house & see her garden, she has started with nothing & has got her lawn going, a few roses & a few shrubs, its coming on. What she was so excited about was her old wheelbarrow which she had planted bulbs in & they are sprouting, I am not sure how well they will do in durbs but we'll have to wait & see.
So now its off to have a nanna nap lol I need it.

9 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

That is exciting...I am sure you learned a lot and we will see some stunning photography soon.

Jenny said...

Sounds great!

Ella Swan said...

Jenny I had absolutely NO IDEA that there was a Nikon School of Photography in La Lucia of all places or I'd be there like a bear!! Please can you let me know more details of where to find it or how to get in touch with it. I think I know Mark too. Wow I would LOVE to go! Hope you love your new camera. I think Nikon is amazing. I am on my second Nikon camera now (nothing wrong with the first - just upgraded) and they have both served me SO well...Great value for money - best investment ever...Hope you are Well!!

Ella Swan said...

Just clicked "follow comments" so if you reply here I'll see it! Thanks!!

Jenny in Durbs said...

Hi Helen sure he is Mark Young & he runs all kinds of courses for Nikon & himself too I think. NSP in jhb is 0861164566 & you can get hold of Michelle who will give you Mark's direct line & email - sorry don't know where I put it. If you have a Nikon (any model) you get a discount too on all the courses. Hope that helps, its at Bonville House right near the La Lucia Mall very easy to find & I think very close to you.

Ella Swan said...

Unreal...thanks so much! Would be nice if Nikon put that info into the newsletter I subscribe to :)

Ella Swan said...

I'd love a price on those mats Jenny. Maybe we could do a trade. I have a lot of stuff. It's very difficult to separate it all like I intended initially, to show Kylie, as if I do that it will take me a long time and then after it all she may not want any of it. My schedule is just so hectic that I never got around to it. But we may be able to make a plan if she doesn't mind everything not being in perfect order LOL and she can just view it "in situ" - sorry I can't seem to find either of your e mail addresses any longer....

Gill said...

Hi Jenny,

Miss your blog posts! Hope all is okay :-)

Unknown said...

Anyone keen on basic-intermediate practical photography work-shops, covering Technical & Creative for practical application.

General technicals
Lighting
Composition

email:
bluflames67@yahoo.com