Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sad tales

Its the 2nd of March 2011, not only is the year flying but i am really having a hard time with everything right now. Coping with 3 financial year ends is not helping.

A couple who we have been friends with for over 25 years are in huge trouble, their two children are the same age as our daughter and eldest son. Well on Friday night everything blew up & they are now seperated, it was ugly & devastating. The wife just locked the husband out - unfortunately she has emphysema from smoking all her life & can hardly do anything (20% lung function.) from bathing to making a cup of tea. Its been devastating because she has always been such a motivated energetic person. She has for the last 6 years been so depressed but will not take medication & wallows in this which has made her bitter & difficult to be around. To the point that my DH told me it was even affecting me when I spent mornings with her. Her hubby is dear, he adores & loves his wife & its tragic. I don't know what to do & its difficult my DH & I are trying not to be biased but its difficult. I want to fix it (yes I am such a Pollyanna) but am struggling with the ugliness.

My best friend's cancer is in late stages & I am finding that harder especially with the distance between us (Mauritius) & I am even finding it hard to chat to her because all I want to do is cry & right now thats not what she needs. I am praying for a miracle as are lots of people but its devastating to see her going through yet another bout of chemo & probably radiation, her hair is again falling out she is sick & the cancer is query not operable this time. Her family are devastated, her two boys are the same age as our two boys & they are so dear. Yesterday Damien told me to come & stay in Mauritius because his Mum listens to me when I talk to her & I help her, needless to say its heartbreaking. Please pray for Debbie all those who believe.

My DH & son are on a business trip & will be back on the weekend, I really can't wait but of course won't upset them either so just put the brave face on whenever we speak.

Life goes on regardless though.

5 comments:

Bernadine said...

Hi Jenny. Sending you a big hug and lots of love.

Hayley said...

Oh no...sending you lots of hugs and praying for everyone.

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

Hi Jenny, Your neighbour sounds like she really is not coping with her illness, maybe she wants to scare off the husband cause she knows it's a hopeless case, and wants husband to move on, she probably still loves him. It is all very sad.

It would be nice if you could manage to spend just a little time with your friend in Maurituis. Is it at all possible?

I can only offer you hugs and I thinking of you.
Rina

Lynette Jacobs said...

That is such a lot to deal with. Where your neighbour is concerned...is she not showing that she is fearing this new unknown to her disease...she probably feels that she does not deserve love.

Sending lots of hugs and praying that the Lord will heal all these hurts and that they will allow Him to take control.

xx

Jenny said...

This is looking better!

So sorry that all this is happening to you. I wish I could come and visit and help you