Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Nothing is Ever Simple ......



In Life that is.


Firstly I have the auditors at school, now being in the financial world there is no problem with that except the article clerks they send to do the job are driving me crazy. All theory & no common sense or practical experience.... yes I hear everyone say have patience I am trying. As a hands on person this is very difficult, you need to spoon feed these young people & yes I hear my SIL laughing since my son has 6 weeks left of articles before he becomes a CA & I am sure someone had to spoon feed him too. ( I like to think not but this is real life we are talking here!)




Then we have a teacher give 24 hours notice & get a migraine for her 24 hours !!!! Come on there's something wrong here and there is a history of sorts too - oh boy anyone who thinks working at a school is dull, think again. Any one out there looking for a teaching post check out the papers on Sunday.


Anyway enough whinging & on to a wonderful craft evening at our local church last night doing a double l/o with Maryna for R60 ! who can complain at that. I am baring my soul & posting my l/o although the title & journalling are not complete, probably because we all tend to talk too much, have great fun & let our hair down. I so enjoy the monthly craft evenings & its always something different from beading, candlework to mosaics etc.


So here goes & hope this works.


5 comments:

Jenny said...

As I started reading about your auditors, I was saying to myself, "Hang on ....." then I did have a good chuckle! I think your l/o is beautiful! It's not that "pink" at all, more a lovely salmon colour

Ella Swan said...

Love your layout - well done! And acheived WITH all the talking, lol! That IS half the fun of scrapping after all...Ooh, thanks for adding me to your blogroll with a pic of my new layout nogal! I have to redo mine this weekend since the crash (it reverted to my ancient one) so you will definitely be on it;-)

Andrea said...

Glad you had fun, something theraputic about a day of craft!

Ella Swan said...

I have something for you on my blog... Re;- the photographing layouts thing. It is not easy but gets better with practice & I just had to presevere 'cos I was determined to get some decent photos onto the blog & out for consideration onto Design teams. Try to do it earlyish in the morning (before about 10) or later in the afternoon (after 4) when the sun is not directly above or the shadows are too harsh. I do it in the hall with the double doors wide open so the natural light streams in. I put the layouts down on a low cane table that I have to carry from the passage but it is light, lol! Then I stand on a little stool (those plastic ones the kids have for getting higher into their cupboards) also taken from another room (my daughter's) then stand on the stool so I am higher, with a good space between me & the layout (as I find directly on the floor is too far away) then I pull the camera strap tight around my head with one hand so that there is no camera shape (yes, I look ridiculous but I am a determined scrapper,ROFL!) then I click! Works every time, first time...did take a bit of practice though...

Ella Swan said...

That says "camera shake" BTW!